ROC SUSTAINABILITY JOURNEY
ROC Boots Australia is owned & operated by the Cull Family for over 30 Years, in Sydney Australia.
Now under the guidance of both 5th & 6th Generation Family members we have a strong appreciation of enduring Sustainability of the Products we produce & the Environment within which we all Live & Work.
OUR CORPERATE CONDUCT & SUPPLIER EXPECTATIONS
Our Corporate responsibility is to conduct all operations in a highly ethical & sustainable manner in-house & to work closely with our offshore Supply Chain Partners to ensure their inputs are in accordance with our Ethical, Sustainable & Environmental expectations.
ROC Boots work closely with our suppliers to understand the Human Rights
& working conditions they provide for their workers are according
to Local Laws & consistent with Internationally recognised
ROC Boots Australia is a member of the Australian Packaging Covenant Organisation (APCO) & signatory to the Covenant, a Federal Government initiative which sets goals with businesses to share the responsibility of managing & reducing the Environmental impacts of packaging in Australia.
All Company employees are informed of correct Re-cycle procedures & protocols we currently have in place, with access to APCO’s Sustainable Packaging Guidelines & Re-cycling Guide.
Actions already taken –
- Our Shoe & Boot Boxes are made from durable re-cycled materials suitable for consumer re-use and further re-cycle.
- Internal Tissue wrappings are produced from re-cycled / compostable materials.
- Durable Outer Cartons for shipping & transportation are produced from re-cycled materials & are suitable for consumer re-use and further re-cycle.
- Industry Standard Re-cycle Logos are applied to all Shoe Boxes & Outer Cartons.
- Our online sales parcels are packaged using re-cyclable / compostable Craft Paper or
- “Your Better Packaging Satchels” – all satchels are Eco-friendly partly plant based and can be home composted and will Bio-degrade in 3-6 months.
- We are currently sourcing compostable Tape & Label Stickers.
ROC Boots is proactive in making ongoing improvements and awareness of further opportunities in how we can continue to seek ways to reduce environmental footprint.